Pages


Friday, January 18, 2013

100 pennies



Have any of you ever taken the cushions off your couch and found a bunch of change hidden in the cracks and crevices?


When I was younger and in need of money for the penny candy aisle at our neighborhood market I would always go down to our basement and lift up the cushions on my dad's couch.  It was rare if I found less than $1.  Do you know how much candy a kid can buy in the penny candy aisle for a dollar?  I would walk back home with a little paper sack full of candy- it was heaven for a 10 year old kid, those are good memories for me.

One dollars worth of change got me a whole lot back then, but one dollar can still do a whole lot these days.  I'm not asking you to go buy a bag full of penny candy- though I don't know of any stores that even have penny candy anymore.  But I am asking if you would please consider donating one dollar to Ben Wiley Jr.  One dollar from each of us would add up in such a way that we could be a help to Ben Jr's family and the medical expenses they incur with his EB.  One dollar, one Buck for Ben.  Most people have spare change hanging around their house somewhere- 4 quarters, a few dimes and nickels, a jar filled with 100 pennies.  Just one dollar. 

 
We've made it easy for you to donate too.  Look to the sidebar on the right side of this page- at the top is a "donate" button from paypal.  Just click on that and you'll be redirected to paypal's secure website.  If you already have a paypal account the donation will be super quick and easy, but you can still donate through paypal's website even if you don't have (or want to get) a paypal account- it only takes a minute.

One minute- One dollar- One Buck for Ben Jr. 

I have good memories of those penny candy days, but we can all make new and good memories by helping and being a blessing to the Wiley family. 

Please go now and donate your Buck for Ben Jr.

Thank you,
Julianne Smith


 
To learn more about Ben Jr. and epidermilysis bullosa (EB)  go to the About page of this blog.
Also visit and "like" Ben Jr's facebook page (click on the link in the sidebar)

No comments:

Post a Comment